Kentucky River Farm Land
for Sale By Owner
|| Please Contact Me by Email at:
Price: $150,000 - appointment only Sold
Farm, Land, Acreage, Lots, Rural, Property Size, Description: SOLD
- Approx. 29 acres more or less
- Approx. 13 to 16 acres of river bottom of which
- Approx. 10 acres are high river bottom and
- Approx. 3 acres are low river bottom
- Balance in mountain side - forest - approx. 13 to 16 acres of mountain side
- Fields are maintained by a neighbor who cuts the fields for hay.
- Some apple trees, chestnut trees, cherry trees, mint.
- Fertile alluvial soil. Great for organic farming, organic gardening, starting an organic farm.
- Farm is surrounded by mountains with sheer limestone cliffs, which offers a level of protection,
privacy, seclusion and peace and quiet.
- Bottoms are in pasture. About 20 years ago I seeded the fields with a fungus free type of
Kentucky Tall Fescue.
Water, Waterfront, Riverfront, Stream & River Frontage:
- Approx. 1,200 feet (+-) of waterfront, river front, frontage, river bank, on the Kentucky River.
- A freshwater stream, creek, winds, crosses on the upriver, northern side of the property.
- The Kentucky River is great for sport fishing and recreational boating. Boat ramps are in the area.
- Great for viewing wildlife, birds, hawks, wild turkeys, deer. Great for hunting also.
- Please Note:
Although the farm is within the Boundaries of the Daniel Boone National Forest, all of
the land surrounding the farm is Privately Owned. There is Public Use National Forest Land
to the east and deeper into the mountains.
- Also Note:
The Google, Yahoo & MapQuest maps inaccurately show Old Landing Road continuing past
the farm connecting to Buck Creek Road, an old trail, which is now an unused, abandoned and
closed off. A road that does not exist. The County Road, Old Landing Road, dead ends at the
gate to the farm. The online maps use USGS topographic map data from the 1920's or 1930's
when folks traveled by mule and sled.
Farm House, Barn, Outbuildings, Well, Septic:
- The house is an old Kentucky Tar Paper Shack Style House that can be fixed up and made a
livable home again. The house site is on high river bottom, surrounded by trees.
- Electric and phone are available to the property.
- No plumbing. Outhouse needs repair.
- Heats with a wood stove. Use propane for cooking.
- The house site is very high on the river bank and is not prone to flooding. The farm house site has
not flooded the last 20 years that I am aware of and I have been told by locals that the house site
has not flooded in the past during extreme water events. That puts the history back as far as the
early 1970's and possibly earlier. Please note: no guarantees being implied here.
- Water supply is a drilled well that has never been plumbed. The well head is located on the high
ground about 100 or so feet west of the house. I was present when the water well was drilled and
the well drillers said water tastes good and the replenishment rate was satisfactory. The well was
drilled in the late fall or early winter in the mid 1980's.
- New 24 x 24 barn with 14 ft. sides, ground floor has 10 foot ceiling, big loft with 4 ft. walk up walls,
lots of room.
Nearest Towns, Cities, Hospitals, Shopping, Schools, Universities:
- The nearest town is Irvine, Kentucky which is about 11 to 12 miles. Irvine is the county seat of
Estill County. Irvine has a small hospital, supermarkets, fast foods, hardware, auto parts etc.
- The nearest large town is Richmond, Kentucky which is about 30 miles west. Richmond's has a
large hospital called Patty A. Clay. Richmond Kentucky is home to Eastern Kentucky University
and is a mecca of shopping, restaurants, nightclubs, supermarkets etc.
- The nearest large city is Lexington, Kentucky which is northwest of Irvine, Kentucky and a little
over an hour drive. Lexington is home to the University of Kentucky, UK and many large hospitals, Veterans Administration hospital, endless shopping, restaurants etc.
- The nearest really large cities would be Cincinnati, Ohio to the north; Knoxville, Tennessee to the south; Louisville, KY to the west.
Please Call for more info.
Location: 73 km SE of Lexington, Kentucky
|Web Site designed by Bald Mountain Web Services and
Back Hollow Web Services: -- Copyright 2006: all rights reserved.